During this period, it is very common that the old houses renovated to be newer, more comfortable, and modern. Home renovation can be considered as a great thing in every way as this renovation enhances the comfort of the house, gives more space inside the house, and increases the economic value of the house. We decide to renovate our house for a number of reasons, such as lack of amenities in the house, limited space, or lack of aesthetics, including elevation. Sometimes people are reluctant to build a new house by completely demolishing it, either because of the emotional attachment to the existing house or because they are unable to afford the additional financial costs of a new house and renovation is the best decision when this is the case.
There is a general perception that renovation is a huge financial expense. That is not entirely correct. When it comes to deciding whether a home is worth renovating or not, renovation is definitely a decision that can incur additional costs. But if the building is capable of renovation, it is definitely the best decision and the house will have an increased lifespan. We can get a better house at a lower cost than building a new house, but a new home, modern renovation, including elevation and interior.
Renovating a home has many advantages as well as some disadvantages.
The house you want to renovate must have a minimum strength. Otherwise, there will be an additional cost for strengthening the building and it will exceed the budget limit. The complete upgrade may not be necessary in many cases. Once started, it is not possible to stop halfway. Try to disassemble and rebuild only the essential parts. The higher the demolition, the higher the cost of reconstruction. Therefore, an accurate plan must be prepared for the renovation to take place. Regardless of these factors, moving into a home renovation can be costly.
The advantage of renovation is that with proper planning and maximum use of recyclables, the renovation can be completed at a much lower cost than the cost of a new home. Fix it if there is dilapidation, if the rooms are not the size, add size to the other rooms, build new rooms or build a floor upstairs. Remove old electrical, plumbing and sanitary ware and replace with new ones. Polish the floor, or makeup and repaint. Replace the old elevation with a completely new one. Renovate the interior if necessary. So there are many ways to renovate a house. With this, we will get a house that is in every way similar to a new house.
Things to consider when deciding for a home renovation: –
- Choose a professional company that specializes in home renovation. Only entrust this work to those who have done good renovation projects.
- Make a preliminary assessment of whether the home is fit for renovation and whether it can be completed at a lower cost than a new home. Do this only with expert people.
- If the decision is to move forward, prepare a plan for the renovation, and design the elevation. All design doubts should be addressed at this stage.
- Decide which materials to reuse, which to demolish, and which to retain. Prepare an estimate including the newly required material and brand.
- Do not change the plan design once construction has started. A satisfactory plan and design must be prepared in advance. Subsequent changes will incur additional costs.
- A permit from Municipality / Panchayat is required for this. The permit is mandatory due to changes in the current dimensions of the house and structural changes. No need to take a permit in the first place like a new house. Include it in the Renovation / Extension section and submit along with the application plan. Once the renovation work is completed, the authorities will visit the house, verify and approve it. The building tax will change as the plinth area changes. The space to be left on all four sides should be the same here as it was when the new house was being built. All of this is done by the company that takes the design and construction contract. Also, be sure to talk to them in advance.
- Ideal for a contracting company to fully undertake all work from demolition to renovation (including construction, electrical, plumbing, flooring, painting, interior). Do not allocate jobs to more than one person. Renovation is something that all sections must work on in complete harmony. Otherwise, it will incur additional costs and may not be completed within the expected time.
- Renovation is a process that can take a little longer time than planned. Expect some extra work that may come unexpectedly. It must be anticipated and timed. Construction will begin only after the demolition work and building-waste removal are completed.
- Renovation is not a job that can be budgeted per square feet. For works ranging from demolition to finish, it is advisable to calculate the budget by type and make a total estimate. Such an estimate will help you decide what you should and should not avoid depending on your budget. In the case of a professional company, they provide a budget and then contract to complete all the work without changing the budget. It is better to choose such people and make a deal with them.
- Above all, renovation is another job that requires patience. From the moment the existing house is demolished into several parts, then wait patiently until it finally gets the new look that we designed.
What is to come is not just a new home, but life itself!
For more information, write us to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: All contents are copyright protected, copying and publishing without permission is strictly restricted.